I started my love of creativity from completing an Art and Design Foundation course for a year at UCA Farnham, which later allowed me to attend the London College of Fashion, to study Fashion Design and Development. It was in these four years (a year included living and studying in Paris, as well as interning in New York) that allowed me to gain experience with multiple brands through design and production, leading to a natural desire to style and create.
When asked by one mentor what did I love when I picked up a magazine, whether it was the design of the clothing or the style of the photoshoot, I knew which one I wanted to do, and knew that design didn’t quite sit naturally with me.
Through this degree, I also discovered my ability to write – having originally had the choice to study either Fashion Journalism or Design, I knew that I had to carry on writing, even through my degree.
It’s been a tough four years, but there’s definitely been a lot of experience gained along the way..
Fashion Intern at Stylist Magazine (2017)
- Organising samples and managing incoming returns
- Assisting on photoshoots
- Compiling research and credits and creating social media content
- Communicating with PRs
- Working with Stylists and Assistants to aid and support the weekly magazine.
Fashion Assistant / Fashion Editor for Jungle Magazine (2017-2018)
- Assisting Fashion Editor with photoshoots and designer collaborations
- Working as part of a dynamic team towards creating a creative vision
- Managing and organising the Fashion Week team
- Discovering new artists and designers to collaborate with
- Holding castings for shoots and booking models
Freelance Fashion Assistant (2017-present)
- Working with Stylists Sorrel Kinder, Lucy Reber, Thea Lewis Yates, Charlotte Roberts, Hannah Beck and Lorenzo Posocco.
- Assisting commercially for Debenhams, Adidas and John Lewis
- Working with Menswear, Womenswear and Childrens
- Assisting on editorials for Jungle Magazine, Stylist Magazine, Wylde Magazine, The Greatest Magazine, Lampoon Magazine.
- Skilled with call-ins, pick ups, packing, setting up set, assisting on set, packing down, returns and credits.
Freelance Fashion Assistant at MatchesFashion.com (2017)
- working with editorial team in the creation of content
- working directly with samples and returns to and from DC
- assisting on set
- creating credits
Freelance Writer (2016-present)
- creating content for magazines Pigeons and Peacocks, Jungle Magazine and The Pink Prince Magazine
- creating content surrounding London Fashion Week Mens, Paris Fashion Week Mens, London Fashion Week and Paris Fashion Week.
- creating content for online site http://www.kaleidescopedreams.co.uk
Assistant Casting Manager for Sir Tom Baker (2016-present)
- Working with designer and assistant designer to select models for upcoming show
- Working with designer and assistant designer to organise chosen models and their looks for the upcoming show
- working with dressing team and design to style and create looks for the show
- liasing with guests and PR team to allow the show to run smoothly.
- problem solving and management on the day of the show
Design and Production Intern at Haus Alkire, New York (2016)
- working on 1-to-1 level with head designer and aiding with everyday design tasks and errands
- pattern cutting and material cutting
- market research and analysis
- observing buying and styling meetings
- aiding with look book assistance and organisation
- conversing and liaising with factories, integrating visits into daily routines
Production Intern at JW Anderson (2016)
- supporting the production team with samples and collection development
- working with the atelier in creating samples and collection pieces
- working with fabrics and stockists – cutting, ordering and experimenting
- working with technicals packs and liasing with factories